Friday, February 25, 2005

Erinsborough and its environs

Sorry for the delays in the updates but have been fairly busy over the past few days. As you can see from the new 'Where is John Now!?' feature on the left hand side I am currently in Canberra. Main reason being that I need a crapload of visas and stuff for the other countries I am visiting later on, so for the past couple of days I've been running around the residences of various ambassadors to sort out the aforementioned documents.

Anywho, before I got here I was in Melbourne. It was a pretty OK place (apart from the constant pestering that both myself and my friend Jodi got from various random destitutes, vagrants and degenerates).

Having said that, its not all bad. There's quite a bit to do there, there's a good art museum that shaded the previously mentioned Adelaide art museum in terms of quality (I am getting a bit cultured with all this art gallery mallarkey in my old age!). There was a pretty good museum and the shopping and nightlife were good too.

However the pinnacle, the apex, the absolute highlight for me was a trip to Ramsey Street, Erinsborough! Superb! It was totally awesome to see all the houses that I have been watching on Neighbours for the past years and reliving the lives of the various inhabitants of said houses with our tour guide. The size of Ramsey street was really surprising, so much smaller than it looks on TV. And on the way back to Melbourne on our bus we even got to watch a DVD of the Scott and Charlene wedding - so emotional, so beautiful, a tear rolled down my face on more than one occasion.

Don't know whether this is common knowledge, but there are to be a whole host of the Old Skool Neighbours stars appearing on the show in the near future. The highlights for me will be the reappearance of Doug and Gaby Willis, Dani Stark, Mal Kennedy, Annalise (oh yes!), Lucy Robinson, Flick Scully (oh yes, again!), Libby and the absolute cream of the crop: Joe Mangel! Can't wait to see that!

Hope everyone is OK wherever you are, look after yourselves and stay tuned for the net exciting update.

PS. In response to the previous Adelaide Pun Competition, the winner (and only entrant, shame on you all!) was my friend Fran. Who came up with numerous puns including 'Dig straight down with a spade to Adelaide', 'Gonna get laid in Adelaide' and 'More vegemite than marmalade in Adelaide'. Absolute genius Fran, good work, congratulations!

Free Counter
Lasik