Thursday, January 20, 2005

Post-Family

Two updates in a row, monsieur, you are really spoiling us. Well, thought I would let you know what I've been up do during my time with the family, and also since I left them. Unfortunately I am in a bit of a naff t'internet place at the moment so theres no chance of posting any photos at present, although I will try and amend some of the previous posts with photos at a later date but I will let you know if I do.

So, while at my relatives (or 'rellies' as they will now be known) just outside of Brisbane, I travelled both north and south up the Queensland coastline. North to the lovely Mooloolaba and the Sunshine Coast and south to Surfers Paradise and the Gold Coast. Both were great to see, although the highly commercial and touristy Surfers Paradise could have been any other tourist resort really. Still it was good to see.

After checking out Tambourine Mountain (where more rellies live), the Glass House Mountains, Brisbane town itself, having a good old Aussie Barbie and loads more besides, I left my Brisbane rellies and travelled to Hervey Bay to stay with, you guessed it, more rellies. This time Mark and his wife Tracey were waiting to show me the sights at Hervey Bay. The Bay itself is very pretty, although the main reason people go to Hervey Bay is that is provides a gateway to Fraser Island: the worlds largest sand island and a protected UNESCO world heritage site. There are some cracking pictures here so have a look if you fancy. There are also some cracking mosquitos, so of course I got totally smashed by these mozzies although by pure chance the BBC today reported that scientists have discovered why some people (like me!) get caned by mozzies and some lucky blighters don't. Not that helps me of course, but I like to keep you guys up to date with the latest scientific goings on in the world.

At press, I am at Airlie Beach, again pretty, but again, used mainly as a gateway to another place, the Whitsunday Islands, but as for those, you will have to wait, cos I've only just got here so can't say much about that yet really can I!?

As a brief aside, I want to say a massive hello to my mate James, who after a crap start to the year had things go his way after Burnley beat the mighty Liverpool in the cup the other day. Good stuff fella and keep smilin' bud eh?

Next update soon.

Free Counter
Lasik