Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Wetsunday Islands

As you can probably guess by the genius of the pun in the title of this latest blog post, it has been raining here at the Whitsunday Islands today. Still, I've never let a bit of moisture spoil my fun, so cracked on with the day as planned.

Well, first I took a rather pleasant boat ride to Whitehaven beach which on a glorious day looks like an absolute paradise. Still, even though it was raining, it was still beautiful, and, as I was swimming in the sea anyway wearing my rather sexy 'stinger' suit to protect against deadly jellyfish, the wetness of the rain mattered little as it was masked by the wetness of the sea.

From there we sailed to a part of the Great Barrier Reef to indulge in a spot of snorkelling, which was simply superb. So much marine life and crazy fluorescent corals and fish it was beautiful. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to realise my dream of spotting a 'Nemo' fish, but I did manage to see a giant sea turtle swimming in the wild which was awesome. Unfortunately, I also saw a jellyfish just after I jumped in the water from the boat, and nearly copped it in the face.

Anywho, an excellent day was had by all.

Must also indulge you lot in a spot of my childish humour before I sign off for the moment. Picture the following scene:

The Venue: Airlie Beach Youth Hostel
The Date: 20th January 2005
The Time: Around 6:30pm
The Task: A youth is preparing a cup of tea

Well, now that the scene is sufficiently set for this seemingly rudimentary task, allow me to elaborate.
Having mastered the trickier parts of the task; finding a mug, putting a teabag into said mug, pouring on boiling water, allowing the brew to 'mash' for a bit and removing the teabag. Our youth goes to the fridge and removes a carton of what he believes is milk from the free food section of the fridge.
Imagine the look of sheer terror on our youths face after wasted time, effort and, more importantly: tea, when, horror of horrors our young friend has removed custard from the fridge and proceeded to add it to his brew. Absolute classic.

Free Counter
Lasik