Friday, March 11, 2005

Australia-ving

Hello there,

Well, now that I am leaving Australia I thought I had better dash off another quick blog update with my thoughts.

Having spent just over the last week in Sydney I can say that I totally love it. Sydney is a fantastic city, its as simple as that really. There is so much to see and do here, and the sights are superb. The harbour area and the Opera House are incredible, I have lost count of the number of hours I have spent just gazing at the Opera House. There are wonderful museums and gardens and park areas that add to the fantastic feel of this city.

Actually, a few days ago I climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge which was excellent and thoroughly recommended. Don't do it if you are expecting an adrenalin rush as it is not that sort of thing - but if you want stunning 360 degree views of the harbour and city then its a must do, and great fun (apart from the ghastly grey jump suits that they clad you in!).

I have enjoyed my time in Australia completely. It goes without saying really (as you have read my thoughts on this subject already!) but my personal highlights were scuba diving, the opera house performance, skydiving, Uluru and Ramsey Street! All superb and must do activities I feel.

So, next to India. I am kind of nervous about it, as it is a few months since I was in a developing country, and after a relatively cushy time in NZ and Oz it will be a bit of a shock going back to another 2nd World Country. Still, thats what its all about I guess. Can't wait for my plane to land at two in the morning in Delhi!!

Watch this space.

Free Counter
Lasik